Greetings all! Lisa here-
The latest response to COVID-19 has us tightening up the reigns on social interaction to keep our communities safe. The government has issued a statement today advising people not to gather in groups of more than 10, encouraging people to work from home when possible, closing schools, and encouraging social gathering places like restaurants, bars, movie theaters, concerts, and other public events to limit its occupants or close altogether.
No one should be worried that they won’t get the medical supplies they need, so in the interest of doing all we can to make sure we don’t put you or anyone else in the community at risk, NCO has decided the best thing for our employees and our customers will be to stay open with a few airtight precautions in place:
- We’re offering free local delivery
- We’re delivering to the areas of Newport Beach, Corona Del Mar, parts of Irvine, and Costa Mesa for orders of $49.00 or more.
- We offer door to door shipping.
- All the surfaces in our store are wiped down first thing in the morning, the last thing in the evening and throughout the day with Madacide. MadaCide-1 is Mada Medical’s Cleaner, Disinfectant & Deodorizer. It’s anti-bactericidal, tuberculocidal, fungicidal, and virucidal. It’s most frequently used in hospitals, nursing homes, and medical facilities.
- All mobility equipment is wiped down before and after customers try out the equipment.
- Door handles, pens, tape measures, and other objects frequently used by our staff and customers are wiped down daily and after individual use.
- Effective immediately, our rental delivery department will screen rental requests for bot delivery and pick up. Screening questions include whether anyone in the home has had a fever, cough or shortness of breath and if anyone in the home has traveled in the past two weeks.
Some may find this time of social distancing a little disconcerting, if not downright depressing, but it is a ripe opportunity to reflect on a lot of things. Our capacity for caring and unselfishness is one of the most wonderful things about being human, and I’m heartened to see so many people caring for each other’s safety in this time of uncertainty.
So while we’re all cooped up, there are plenty of other ways to reach out and make contact. Call a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while and catch up. Write a letter on actual paper (Remember that?) to someone far away.