Apple cider vinegar is a natural product that’s been used as a health treatment for hundreds of years. Not only is it affordable, but there are also several proven wellness benefits to using it. Here are some of the ways your body benefits from taking apple cider vinegar.
Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits
There are so many benefits to keeping apple cider vinegar on hand around the house. It’s a handy natural alternative to many mainstream products you might find at the grocery store. Here are some of the biggest benefits of using apple cider vinegar.
- It can act as a disinfectant. If you need to clean a wound or irritation on the skin, applying apple cider vinegar can help keep it from getting infected. The disinfecting properties can also help with warts, fungi, and even ear infections.
- Vinegar is very helpful for satisfying your appetite, helping you lose weight. Although it can’t act as a substitute for food, it can suppress your appetite when taken with food by helping you feel more full.
- It helps manage diabetes symptoms. For patients with high blood sugar, apple cider vinegar is incredibly helpful. It lowers your blood sugar and can help regulate insulin levels as well. Even if you don’t have diabetes, apple cider vinegar can still regulate your blood sugar.
- It can help you maintain clear skin. Because it acts as a disinfectant, apple cider vinegar can help soothe your acne and kill the bacteria that cause it. It can also help prevent breakouts in the future.
Ways to Use Apple Cider Vinegar
There are many ways to use apple cider vinegar to maintain a healthy lifestyle. You may want to test out different ways to see which is the best option for you. Start with a small dose to see how your body reacts, and then you can slowly increase the dose if you feel it’s necessary. Here are some of the ways that people use apple cider vinegar.
- Adding apple cider vinegar to drinks. Many people will take a small amount and dilute it with water, making it easier to tolerate. You can also mix it with lemon and other fresh ingredients to create a fruit juice.
- Drinking pre-made juices or smoothies that include apple cider vinegar is a quick and easy way to get your daily dose.
- Cooking with apple cider vinegar. Another easy way to consume apple cider vinegar is by adding it into your dishes. Use it in place of other vinegar or mix it into your salad dressing.
- Taking apple cider vinegar tablets. If you don’t like the idea of tasting apple cider vinegar, taking it in tablet form may be an easier way to swallow it. Many health food stores now have apple cider vinegar supplements.
- Apply topically as a skin toner. If you want to use apple cider vinegar for brighter skin, using it as a toner is the most effective way to do it. It’s important to dilute it before applying, otherwise, it can be too harsh.